To inbound into Deliverr via freight (FTL or LTL), you must follow the below steps:
- When creating your inbound, select 'Pallets (on personal rates)'. See Step 1 detailed below.
- Provide accurate box contents information, and attach the correct Deliverr box contents label to each box. See Step 2 detailed below.
- Build your pallets per Deliverr's specifications. See Step 3 detailed below.
- Ensure that your freight provider schedules delivery appointments with Deliverr fulfillment centers. See Step 4 detailed below.
Step 1. Per photo below, select 'Pallets (on personal rates)'.
Step 2. Upon confirming weight and dimensions of each box in your shipment, you will be prompted to print box labels. This label will list SKUs and quantities included in each box. Each label should correspond to each box, and indicate the box number as shown below. Attach each label to the outside of the corresponding box.
Please note: the box contents label must be fully visible from the outside of the box.
Step 3. All products must be palletized following Deliverr's pallet requirements below. In addition, you must provide a valid bill of lading (BOL) to the carrier shipping your palletized products.
- Only use 48" x 40" four way fork access wooden pallets.
- Only use pallets that are in good condition.
- Only build pallets to 72" high, including the pallet.
- Only build pallets with a total weight less than 1,500 lbs.
- Do not allow pallet contents to overhang the pallet edge by more than 1" on any side.
- Pallet contents must be completely stable prior to wrapping in clear plastic stretch wrap. Wrap pallet contents in stretch wrap to prevent shifting during transit.
Are double-stacked pallets acceptable? Yes, Deliverr accepts double-stacked pallets under the following conditions:
- The double-stacked pallets are safe to load and unload.
- Each double-stacked pallet meets Deliverr's Pallet Requirements above.
- You (the seller) are aware that double-stacked pallets are more likely to damage products, which Deliverr is not responsible for.
Step 4. All freight inbounds must must have a scheduled delivery appointment with fulfillment centers.
To schedule an appointment, during inbounds creation, you will be provided with a deposit PO#, and email address. Deliverr requires that all freight inbounds be scheduled via email, because it creates a paper trail to protect sellers in the event that their freight provider misses the appointment. As such, Deliverr will not provide a phone number for scheduling freight appointments.
If the appointment is missed, cancelled, or rescheduled within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment time, then you (the seller) will be charged $250 per event. Deliverr charges $250 per event because fulfillment center's staff according to expected volume. As such, if appointments are missed, cancelled, or rescheduled without sufficient lead time, staffing cannot be reduced.