Deliverr's Facebook and Instagram 2-Day Delivery Ads integration now supports two types of Facebook ad campaign objectives: conversions and product catalog sales. Below are the differences between the two objectives. Deliverr strongly recommends the conversions ad campaign.
Conversions Ad Campaigns
Conversions ad campaigns optimize ads that will increase meaningful actions, or conversion events, on your website. Examples of conversion events include, but are not limited to view content, initiate checkout, and purchase. The Deliverr created ad sets will optimize for the purchase conversion event. To track these conversion events, the Facebook Pixel must be properly installed to your Website.
- Greater flexibility over ad creatives/media. You have total control on how the final ad will look.
- Ease of setup: no need for a product catalog in your Facebook business manager
- More setup required to create ads. You will need to manually upload product images.
Product Catalog Sales Ad Campaigns
Catalog sales ad campaigns optimize ads that promote products from your store catalog to drive sales. As the name suggests, catalog sales ad campaigns depend on a product catalog to create ads. Installing the Facebook pixel on your Shopify store will sync your store's catalog into your Facebook business manager.
- Easier ad setup. The ad image used is the first image in the product's Shopify listing.
- Less flexibility with ad creatives, the default ad image can not be completely replaced
- Facebook's product catalogs occasionally don't sync properly
- Harder setup: must ensure the product catalog is properly up to date