Before You Begin
This article details other, less common configurations on how to setup Shopify to use with Deliverr. Usually we recommend sellers use one of these configurations, if it can fit with their processes.
- Automatic fulfillment (default configuration) — Recommended for most merchants who use Deliverr.
- Use multiple Shopify locations with Deliverr (Beta) — Use this configuration if you plan to use Deliverr with other fulfillment parters, also plan to fulfill internationally, or have backorders.
Manually Approve Every Shopify Order
Manual fulfillment is necessary if:
- You want to screen orders for fraud before passing the order to Deliverr.
- Another plugin that you are using (such as an upsell plugin) adds line items to the order several minutes after completion.
- You accept backorders and want to check inventory levels in Deliverr before passing us orders.
If you do not setup automatic fulfillment, then you have to manually click 'Request Fulfillment' for every order in Shopify in order to pass to Deliverr.
This gives you more control over orders, but means more manual steps for you to approve every order. This can result in orders being shipped late if they are not approved and sent to Deliverr before our cutoff times.
Set Automatic Fulfillment for Deliverr Only
If automatic fulfillment or manual approval does not work with your Shopify store, we can set automatic fulfillment for Deliverr-assigned orders only. This means that Deliverr will automatically fulfill only the orders assigned to us -- that is, only orders for SKUs that we have inventory for.
Contact our support team and we can turn this feature on for your account.