To ensure that products are not damaged while stored or shipped by Deliverr, please do the following:
- As described below, prepare your products to Deliverr's requirements.
- Test your prepped products against FBA's drop test.
- When prepping your products, consider that they will ship in poly bags, padded mailers, and cartons.
If your products containing liquids do not meet Deliverr's requirements, Deliverr may assess non-compliance fees, restrict, refuse, return, or dispose of inventory.
Deliverr's preparation requirements for products containing liquids.
All products containing liquids must be double sealed, or sealed inside a clear poly bag with a suffocation warning label.
A product is double sealed when its lid is tight (so that it cannot be easily opened), and one of the following is true:
- There is a manufactured seal around the outside of the neck of the product. See photo 1.
- A peel-off safety seal is underneath the lid of the product. See photo 2.
Products that are not double sealed must be sealed inside a clear poly bag (shrink wrapping is also compliant) with a thickness of 1.5 mil. or greater, and marked with easy to read suffocation warning label. See photo 3.
Make sure your products pass Fulfilled by Amazon's drop test.
Deliverr requires that all products containing liquids pass FBA's drop test.
To pass the drop test, a prepped product cannot break or leak after being dropped five times from a height of three feet onto a hard surface. The drops are outlined here:
- Dropped flat on the base
- Dropped flat on the top
- Dropped flat on the longest side
- Dropped flat on the shortest side
- Dropped flat on the corner
Photo 4. This product is not prepped to pass Fulfilled by Amazon's drop test.
What should I do if my products are prepped to Deliverr's requirements, have passed FBA's drop test, but are broken in transit to a buyer?
If you receive a complaint from a buyer that a product arrived damaged, please do the following.
- Request a photo of the damaged product, and a separate photo of the packaging used to ship it.
- Review the photo of the damaged product, and reconfirm that the product was prepped to Deliverr's requirements.
- If the product was not prepped to Deliverr' requirements, please do not file a claim with Deliverr Support, because it will be rejected.
- If the product was prepped to Deliverr' requirements, please file a claim with Deliverr Support. To successfully file a claim, you must provide the following information:
- The marketplace order ID.
- A photo of the damaged product.
- A photo of the packaging used to ship the product.
- The replacement cost of the product (per unit).
- Deliverr will review the information provided, conduct any required investigations, and adjudicate the claim.
- If Deliverr adjudicate's the claim in your favor, you will be credited the entire Deliverr fulfillment cost + 1/2 of the replacement cost of the product.
- If Deliverr does not adjudicate the claim in your favor, you will given the reason(s) why.