What is an Order Import Delay?
By default, Deliverr will attempt to import orders from an integration and then fulfill them as soon as possible. With an order import delay, you (the merchant) can tell Deliverr to wait for a given period of time before importing an order.
- Previously, you set the order delay within Deliverr to be 10 minutes.
- At 1:46pm, a customer creates an order at Shopify (or any channel) with order ID #1234.
- At 1:49pm, Deliverr checks Shopify for new orders. The order ID #1234 is 3 minutes old (less than 10 minutes), so we ignore the order.
- At 2:04 pm Deliverr checks again for new orders. The order ID #1234 is 18 minutes old (greater than 10 minutes) so we import the order.
Order delay is a setting that is currently only possible for the Shopify direct integration with Deliverr.
When a Delay is Useful
Most of the time we recommend that you set the delay to be 0, so Deliverr can import and fulfill orders as soon as possible. For some situations though, an order delay can be useful.
- Upsell Opportunity — You (or an app that you use) wants to get the buyer to purchase more items after they have already placed an order. This goes for any app or process that can change (add, modify, or delete) the line items of an existing order.
- Fraud Verification — You (or an app that you use) wants to check to see if an order is fraudulent, and then cancel the order within the integration if it is.
Things to Remember
Setting an order import delay can cause orders to import late after the cutoff time. This can mean that orders might not ship on-time and then not deliver on time according to the buyer's expectations.
To minimize this problem, we suggest setting the delay as low as necessary to meet the above upsell/fraud use cases but not higher.
How to Set the Delay
Open sellerportal.deliverr.com and open the integration that you want to add a delay to. In the order import delay card, enter a value for the delay.
- Enter an integer greater than or or equal to 0.
- The default value is 0. Set the value to 0 to turn off this feature (import orders as soon as possible).
Save your changes when done.