Prep is an optional service that you can use to simplify your processes for many destinations and ensure your products are properly prepared and ready to sell. With Prep, logistics and fulfillment are easier because you have access to the various services that Deliverr can do after your products arrive. You can mix and match Prep with any of our other solutions like Freight, Reserve Storage, or Returns in order to customize your own logistics infrastructure, whether or not you already use Deliverr for fulfillment.
Prep can help you:
- Transform your inventory to meet all sales channel needs: Sell compliant, fully prepped products with any downstream fulfillment provider. Our expertise ensures whatever preparation your inventory needs, we’ll make it happen so you can sell anywhere.
- Simplify your logistics operation to focus on scale and growth: Get access to easy, transparent pricing, inventory visibility, and the convenience of prep and connected logistics options all under one roof—so you can spend time on other things.
- Avoid costly lost cycles from inventory issues: Poorly prepped goods can really cost you in provider rejections, non-compliance fees, damages, lost production cycles, and constrained inventory you can’t afford.
Learn how to Use Self-Serve Prep or Requesting Additional Prep Services.
In this section:
Prep Requirements & Restrictions
Prep has some requirements and restrictions in order for it to be successful. These are put in place in order to make sure that your Prep services are able to be actioned accurately and efficiently.
- Individual Prep shipping plans: Each new shipping plan for Prep requires its own request and must be a Forwarding Plan rather than a Direct shipment. When creating a shipping plan that includes Prep, only include items that require preparation. Do not include products that do not need these services.
- Additional Prep services must be approved before inbounding: For non self-serve requests that cannot be handled in Seller Portal you must obtain approval before inbounding. Approval is granted on a per-request basis. Even if you have successfully been approved for a similar Prep service beforehand, each request needs to go through the approval process before inbounding. See Requesting Additional Prep Services on how to get approval.
- Labeling requirements:
- For freight inbounds a Prep pallet label must be attached clearly and visibly. Non-compliance fees can apply if this is not done correctly as well as delays in on time delivery (OTD) and inbound receiving.
- All units must come to Prep with barcodes in catalog unless unit labeling is requested. Prep will apply 1 inch by 2 ⅝ inch labels for SKU labeling. If you require any other format, then the labels will need to be provided to the Prep team to avoid any printing issues.
- Dimensional and weight requirements apply for Prep.
- Branded Prep service: At this time, Deliverr can not provide branded Prep services such as printing company logos on boxes.
- Restricted items: Some items are restricted from being able to be brought into the network. Read about the full list of restricted products. Some examples that are restricted for Prep are:
- Plants or animals
- Beauty or medical item
- Contain lithium or lead acid batteries, microchips, and hazardous electronic parts
- Contain any hazardous materials
- Illegal or regulated
- Adult products
- Prep does not accept inbounds without a Shipping Plan.
- Prep does not accept removals from the Deliverr Network.
- Prep does not accept split inbounds, this is when an inbound arrives over a series of times or dates.
For more information, please see Inbound Non-Compliance Fees.
Prep and shipping plan status
As soon as the products are received and sorted to the Prep station, the Prep team requires at maximum three business days to finalize the preparation process. When the Prep process begins, the status will update to “With Prep”. Once Prep is completed, the status will update to "Forwarding". If there is non-compliance, this will cause delays as normal Service Level Agreements (SLAs) no longer apply.
|Ready to Ship||Your shipment has been created. Your shipments are either ready to ship, or are already in transit.|
Your shipment is on its way to the fulfillment center.
If we do not have any tracking information, your shipment will go directly to Forwarding status once the fulfillment center has begun receiving.
Your shipment has been received by the crossdock and our Prep team is processing your shipment. This will take up to 72 business hours, unless your shipment is non-compliant.
*This status applies only if you requested Deliverr Prep on a 'Forwarding' shipping plan.
|Forwarding||Indicates that our Prep team has completed processing your shipment|
Additional status will be associated with standard inbounding and fulfillment processes. Learn more about shipping plan statuses at Understanding Inbound Shipment Status.