USPS and FedEx have suspended service to/from Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus. The eBay Global Shipping Program has also suspended shipments to/from Ukraine and Russia.
Additionally, due to COVID-19 and other supply chain issues, USPS has suspended service to some countries temporarily, including Australia and New Zealand. Deliverr also ships international orders through DHL, so we will aim to use DHL for orders going to these countries. We are actively exploring ways to override this carrier limitation in order to fulfill these orders.
How to enable international shipping
1. Navigate to the Settings tab and click enable international shipping:
2. Add customs information for the items you wish to ship internationally. You can provide customs information either in Settings right after enabling International or on the Inventory Detail page.
- Country of origin: the country of manufacture, production, or growth of the product
- Tariff code: a product-specific code as documented in the Harmonized System (HS) maintained by the World Customs Organization (WCO). Tariff codes exist for almost every product involved in global commerce. Required on official shipping documents for tax assessment purposes, a tariff code ensures uniformity of product classification worldwide.
U.S. International Trade Commission tariff code lookup tool
- Customs value: the price a customer pays when they buy the product
3. On the Inventory page, select Worldwide Standard and a destination country to view international fulfillment costs at the product level. These prices are also provided on the Inventory Detail page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Deliverr offer Delivery Duty Unpaid or Delivery Duty Paid?
Deliverr offers Delivery Duty Unpaid. The customer will have to settle any import duties and tariffs in order for customs to release the shipment and have it delivered to the customer. Customs or the carrier will contact the customer once the shipment arrives in the destination country.It is important to make your customers aware ahead of time that they will need to pay these fees. Otherwise, you risk customer frustration when they realize there is an additional cost before receiving their item.
- When selling on different platforms, how should my business go about entering the correct customs price? For example, a merchant offers a product on Amazon for $29.99 and also sells it for $39.99 on Etsy - which value should we use?
Look to input the highest price. Customs value is used to determine duties and taxes. If customs think the price declared is lower than it should be, there's a risk of the package being held.
How long does it take for international orders to be delivered?
The delivery time will vary by country and region. These are the current transit time estimates:
Canada and Europe: 4-15 business days
Rest of world: 8-15 business days
We will continue to work on adding more service levels to our international shipping capability, so this SLA may change in the future.
How much does it cost to ship internationally through Deliverr?
International pricing will vary by country and product. Navigate to the Inventory page in Seller Portal and select Worldwide Shipping and the country of your choice to view the international prices for your products. You can also contact your Deliverr rep or email@example.com to request a quote.Pricing by destination country and product can also be found using Deliverr's cost calculator
Are there product price limits on what I can ship internationally?
At this time, products shipping to Europe must be less than 150 euro. Otherwise, anything over $300 is not permitted to ship with Deliverr.
- Are there product dimension and weight limits for international orders?
Yes, products cannot ship internationally if they are any of the following:
1. Greater than 20lbs or any dimensions are larger than 15" (shortest side) x 24" (median side) x 40" (longest side)
2. Billable weight (Length x Width x Height / 139 + 1lb ) is greater than 20lbs. Length is the longest side, width is the median side, and height is the shortest side. This calculation will be done by Deliverr, and you will see messaging on the Inventory Detail page if the product's billable weight exceeds 20lbs.
Will Deliverr ever offer Delivery Duty Paid?
Yes, we plan to offer Delivery Duty Paid in the future. We do not have a timeline yet, but we will let merchants know as soon as we have updates.
Are there restrictions on which products I can ship internationally?
Hazmat items cannot be shipped internationally. This includes lithium and lithium ion batteries, flammable items, gases, explosives, corrosives, and other product types.https://support.deliverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500004115401-Inbounding-Battery-Products
One exception: Deliverr can ship lithium battery products to Canada.
Does Deliverr ship to military addresses?
Yes, Deliverr ships to APO/FPO/DPO addresses. We use domestic non-contiguous U.S. rates for shipping to military addresses, but these are international shipments that will generally take 4-15 days to be delivered. (Non-contiguous is the AK/HI/US Territories (Non Fast Tag) service level). Customs information is required for shipping to military addresses.
- Can I create Manual international orders?
Yes, you can create international orders manually in seller portal.
- Can I ship to P.O. boxes internationally?
No, at this time we do not permit international orders to P.O. boxes.
- What is the claims policy for international orders?
As outlined in our Claims Help Center article, orders without tracking movement for at least 21 days are eligible for lost in transit claims. Please submit a Support ticket in order to file a claim for an international order that meets this criteria should you not be able to do so in the Seller Portal Order page.
- Is shipping to U.S. territories considered international shipping?
No, shipping to U.S. territories uses domestic rates. However, customs information is required for the following territories: American Samoa (AS), Guam (GU), and Northern Mariana Islands (MP)
Enable international shipping in channels
Before enabling international shipping in Deliverr Seller Portal, we recommend looking into your channel settings to ensure everything is set up for successful international order fulfillment (including prices and enabled locations).
Deliverr does not restrict international shipping by channel, but merchants will need to validate that settings are updated for Deliverr DDU international shipping. Again, it is recommended that you give your customers advance notice regarding the customs fees they will need to pay before their order is delivered.
Things to consider before shipping internationally
Why international shipping is an increasingly important business strategy
- Global ecommerce sales are expected to reach $6.4 trillion in 2024. Oberlo
- Cross-border shopping is predicted to make up 20% of ecommerce in 2022. Forrester
- It's estimated that 57% of consumers in both Western and Eastern Europe and 48% in Asia/Pacific buy from retail websites outside their own country. Digital Commerce 360
Increasing your customer base to a global audience is important, but the complexity of international shipping can be challenging. 40% of U.S. retailers have cited customs duties and local laws and regulations as challenges to selling online internationally Global Commerce 360.
|Customs and taxes||
1. Customs duty (import duty): a tariff or tax imposed on goods when transported across international borders.
2. Value-added tax (VAT): a tax charged to consumers when they buy any good or service. VAT taxes the value added to the product at each stage of production, from raw materials to final sale. Each country has its own specific VAT rates, and the rates also depend on the types of goods you sell.
SimplyVAT.com is a Deliverr partner that provides support in managing all EU VAT compliance needs. They can help your business reach international markets while keeping on top of international VAT obligations.
|Delivery duty unpaid (DDU) vs. Delivery duty paid (DDP)||
At this time Deliverr only offers Delivery Duty Unpaid (DDU). There are plans to enable DDP in the future.
1. DDU: The customer will have to settle any charges in order for customs to release the shipment and have it delivered to the customer. Customs will contact the customer once the shipment arrives in the destination country. It is important to make your customers aware ahead of time that they will need to pay this fee. Otherwise, you risk customer frustration when they realize there is an additional cost before receiving their item.
2. DDP: The seller is responsible for paying duties. You as the seller can bake these duties into the cost of the product and directly collect payment for DDP from the customer at checkout. *Note: Products shipping to the European Union through Deliverr must be less than 150€.
|International shipping transit times||
International shipping times from the U.S. will vary by destination address. Deliver is currently using USPS, DHL, and FedEx for international shipping.
Canada and Europe: 4-15 business days
Rest of world: 8-15 business days
When shipping internationally, sellers must comply with the carrier regulations and the regulations of the destination country. Deliverr does not ship Hazmat items internationally. These items may not be sent from the United States to any country:
Shipping internationally can be expensive. By fulfilling through Deliverr, you benefit from cheaper international shipping than you would compared to fulfilling on your own. Deliverr gets bulk shipping discounts for both domestic and international deliveries. It is important for merchants to understand the costs associated with shipping their products internationally.
Log into Seller Portal, navigate to the Inventory page, and select Worldwide Shipping and a destination country in order to view shipping rates for your products.
|Weight and dimensions||
Products cannot ship internationally if they are any of the following:
|Customs complexities leading to returned shipments||
With DDU, customs will contact the buyer to pay duties and tariffs. If the customer is not responsive or refuses to pay the fees, customs will place the shipment on hold and eventually return the shipment back to Deliverr. The amount of time customs will hold the package varies by country, but it is often around seven days.
If customs assesses the items and determines that declared weight or dimensions are inaccurate, customs may return the item to Deliverr.
Who pays the fees for shipments that are returned from customs?
Note that merchants are responsible for any additional fees that would otherwise have been collected from the package recipient.
List of countries and territories we ship to:
|AG||Antigua And Barbuda|
|BQ||Bonaire (Sint Eustatius and Saba)|
|BA||Bosnia And Herzegovina|
|IO||British Indian Ocean Territory|
|CF||Central African Republic|
|CC||Cocos (Keeling) Islands|
|CD||Congo (Democratic Republic)|
|FK||Falkland Islands (Malvinas)|
|TF||French Southern Territories|
|HM||Heard Island & Mcdonald Islands|
|VA||Holy See (Vatican City State)|
|IR||Iran (Islamic Republic Of)|
|IM||Isle Of Man|
|KR||Korea, Democratic People's Republic of|
|LA||Lao People"s Democratic Republic'|
|LY||Libyan Arab Jamahiriya|
|FM||Micronesia (Federated States Of)|
|MP||Northern Mariana Islands|
|PS||Palestinian Territory (Occupied)|
|PG||Papua New Guinea|
|KN||Saint Kitts And Nevis|
|PM||Saint Pierre And Miquelon|
|VC||Saint Vincent And Grenadines|
|ST||Sao Tome And Principe|
|SX||Sint Maarten (Dutch part)|
|GS||South Georgia And Sandwich Isl.|
|SJ||Svalbard And Jan Mayen|
|SY||Syrian Arab Republic|
|TT||Trinidad And Tobago|
|TC||Turks And Caicos Islands|
|AE||United Arab Emirates|
|VG||Virgin Islands (British)|
|VI||Virgin Islands (U.S.)|
|WF||Wallis And Futuna|