Settings for international shipping vary on each channel. Below are suggestions for which settings to update in Shopify and Amazon before enabling international shipping in Deliverr. We recommend taking a look into your settings in all channels to make any changes needed before fulfilling Deliverr international orders.
Deliverr does not restrict international shipping by channel, but merchants will need to validate that settings are updated for Deliverr DDU international shipping. Again, it is recommended that you give your customers advance notice regarding the customs fees they will need to pay before their order is delivered.
1. Navigate to Settings and select Shipping and Delivery
2. Select Manage Rates
3. Most accounts should have a Domestic group by default. Select Create shipping zone, label the zone i.e. 'Deliverr International', and select a region. Click Done.
4. Add shipping rates and conditions. As a reminder, international shipping is currently Delivery Duty Unpaid, so customers will need to pay the customs and taxes when the shipment arrives at customs in the destination country.
5. Although international shipping transit times are longer than standard domestic shipping speeds, the shipping option mapping for Shopify can remain as Standard (5-7 day)
1. Log in to Amazon Seller Central
2. Go to Settings > Shipping Settings
3. Create a new shipping template
4. Select international standard shipping and add new shipping rule
5. Select the region(s) you wish to ship to
6. We recommend selecting Amazon's 10-20 day transit time setting. As a reminder, here are Deliverr's estimated transit times:
- Canada and Europe: 4-15 business days
- Rest of world: 8-15 business days
Adjust the shipping fees according to Deliverr's prices and what makes the most sense for your business
7. Click save