Deliverr now provides all merchants with the option to select the packaging type in which their products ship to customers. There are three packaging options to choose from:
Deliverr Recommended: Likely to ship in a polybag or bubble mailer if possible. Heavier items will likely ship in a box.
Fragile Protection: Ship in a box. Recommended for fragile items.
Ready to Ship: Ship in own container with no additional packaging.
How to update packaging type
Navigate to the inventory detail page and scroll down to the Fulfillment Fees section.
Click on the edit icon and select your preferred packaging type for this product. Click Change packaging.
When Fragile Protection is selected, you will see the surcharge in the Packaging fulfillment cost.
When Ready to Ship is selected, you will see the discount in the Packaging fulfillment cost.
You can change the packaging type at any time.
Frequently asked questions:
1. I prefer my products to ship in a bubble mailer. How do I specify this?
Currently, we do not provide a bubble mailer packaging selection option in seller portal. When Deliverr Recommended is selected, Deliverr chooses the packaging type that makes the most sense for the product during fulfillment (polybag, bubble mailer, or box).
2. Some of my products were previously enrolled in the box-only program prior to this seller portal update. What happens to the packaging selection?
The packaging selection will be maintained: products enrolled in box-only prior to this feature release will have Fragile Protection selected in seller portal and the surcharge will be applied.
3. What are the requirements for Ready to Ship (ship in own container)?
At a minimum, the SIOC product needs to be able to fit a 4" x 6" shipping label. Additionally, items over 20 lbs or that do not fit into a box that is 18" x 14" x 8" MUST be sent to Deliverr ready to ship.
If we determine that the packaging you have sent your products is not suitable for ready to ship (e.g. if it leads to damaged products), we will follow up with you.
4. What happens if there is a multi-unit shipment for a product that is Ready to Ship? Will the units ship separately?
No, we will try to avoid multiple shipments. These units will likely be shipped together in a box, and no surcharge or discount will be applied.
5. Will the Ready to Ship packaging discount be applied to multi-unit orders?
No, the Ready to Ship discount only applies to single-unit orders.
6. Is there a way to make packaging preference updates in bulk?
No, not at this time. We may offer this functionality in the future.