Deliverr has started implementing a solution to proactively identify and replace packages for orders that are lost after leaving the fulfillment center. This happens infrequently and our end goal is to minimize the occurrence of lost packages, but we aim to send replacements and reimburse our merchants when we detect a package as lost.
How It Works
Once Deliverr identifies a lost package, we will proactively ship a replacement using the same tracking code. We will then send an email informing you of the re-shipment and requesting the documentation needed to reimburse you for the lost unit(s).
1. Deliverr detects a package as lost.
2. Deliverr ships a replacement package from the same fulfillment center OR a fulfillment center in the same regional hub as the original package. The replacement shipment has the same tracking code as the original shipment.
3. The Deliverr team emails you notifying you about the replacement package. The subject line of the email will read "Deliverr Lost Package Alert: Your [marketplace e.g Shopify, Walmart, ebay] order [order ID] has lost packages".
In order to be reimbursed for the lost item, you must reply to the email with the wholesale value of the product.
This is the status you will see in seller portal as soon as Deliverr creates a replacement package:
There will also be an event in order history when the replacement package is created:
4. Deliverr will reimburse both the wholesale value of the product and the fulfillment fee.
5. Deliverr will also send you an email if a package was identified as lost and we weren't able to replace it. This is unlikely, but it can occur due to circumstances such as a stockout at the original fulfillment center. In this scenario, Deliverr will reimburse the wholesale value and the fulfillment fee when you send the proof of wholesale cost, but a manual order must be created in order to send the customer a replacement since Deliverr was unable to ship a replacement automatically.
This is the status you will see in seller portal when a replacement could not be created:
Opt out of automatic replacements: If you wish to opt out of auto replacement packages, please email email@example.com. In the future, we may build an opt-out setting in seller portal, but for now it will be managed through our support team. The claim button may also not appear for lost packages.
As we look forward to improving upon this process, there are a few important features that we aim to implement.
1. Automated Reimbursement: The Deliverr team is working on building reimbursement automation for replacement packages in 2022. This means that once a package is identified as lost, Deliverr will automatically reimburse you for the lost package in addition to sending a replacement. We will ingest the price of the item from the marketplaces and your website in order to determine the reimbursement amount. Please note that we will not be able to ingest the price for all DSKUs, so you may continue to receive emails from our support team requesting the wholesale cost documentation. We will update this page at a later date with further details about the methodology for the reimbursement amount.
2. Seller Portal Notifications: When a replacement is shipped, Deliverr will include this event as a notification within Seller Portal to provide you with greater visibility on order issues.
3. Opt-out Setting for Replacement Packages: We are exploring whether merchants will need the option to opt out of replacement packages or if auto-replacements are a feature that merchants want always on.
4. Buyer alerts on our tracking page: In the future, we plan to notify buyers when a package was lost and a replacement was shipped on our Deliverr tracking page.
For comments or questions, please reach out to our Support team.