Deliverr has started testing a solution to proactively identify and replace packages for orders that are lost after leaving the fulfillment center. This happens infrequently and our end goal is to minimize the occurrence of lost packages, but we aim to send replacements and reimburse our merchants when we detect a package as lost.
How It Works
Once Deliverr identifies a lost package, Deliverr will proactively ship a replacement using the same tracking code. We will then email our merchants informing you of the re-shipment and requesting the documentation needed to reimburse the lost unit(s) on your behalf.
1. When a package is identified as lost, merchants will see this status in seller portal:
The Shipped Date will update to reflect the date the replacement package was sent. The Delivery Date will update to display the date the replacement package is expected to be delivered.
We are also planning to display the estimated updated delivery date in Q1.
2. A replacement package is shipped from the same fulfillment center OR a fulfillment center in the same regional hub as the original package.
3. The Deliverr team will email our merchants from email@example.com notifying you about the replacement package. The subject line of the email will read "Deliverr Lost Package Alert: Your [marketplace e.g Shopify, Walmart, ebay] order [order ID] has lost packages" You can reply back with the wholesale cost of the item so Deliverr can submit a reimbursement.
Note: Deliverr will also send an email if a package was identified as lost and we weren't able to replace it. This is unlikely, but it can occur due to circumstances such as a stockout at the original fulfillment center. In this scenario, Deliverr will reimburse you, but a manual order must be created in order to send the customer a replacement since Deliverr was unable to ship a replacement automatically.
As we look forward to improving upon this process, there are a few main features that we aim to implement.
1. Automated Reimbursement: The Deliverr team is working on building reimbursement automation for replacement packages in 2022. This means that once a package is identified as lost, Deliverr will automatically reimburse you for the lost package in addition to sending a replacement. We will ingest the price of the item from the marketplaces and your website in order to determine the reimbursement amount. Please note that we will not be able to ingest the price for all DSKUs, so you may continue to receive emails from our support team requesting the wholesale cost documentation. We will update this page at a later date with further details about the methodology for the reimbursement amount.
2. Seller Portal Notifications: When a replacement is shipped, Deliverr will include this event as a notification within seller portal to provide you with greater visibility on order issues.
3. Opt-out Setting for Replacement Packages: We are exploring whether merchants will need the option to opt out of replacement packages or if auto-replacements are a feature that merchants want always on.
For comments or questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.