What are the primary packaging materials used by Deliverr?
- Deliverr uses standard "RSC" 32 ECT corrugated boxes (please see an explanation on RSC vs. Custom Die Cut boxes here, polyethylene bubble-lined mailers, and polyethylene mailers. Mailers are 2.5-3 mm thick. Deliverr currently does not support branded packaging but plans to offer this option to merchants in 2022.
- Tape: Deliverr uses standard 3M packing tape, specifically "72mmx100m 3M 371+ ClearHigh Tack Box Sealing Tape". We are currently exploring the possibility of utilizing water-activated tape to increase warehouse throughput and improve the merchant experience.
- Dunnage: Deliverr has installed nearly 200 dunnage machines produced by Pregis across all of our fulfillment centers in all regions. The dunnage machines are installed at pack stations, and we utilize "Quantum Fan Fold 14.75"x1690' 30# HT Kraft" filler paper. We request that our merchants utilize dunnage when packing out any products into boxes to minimize risk of damage to products.
What does Deliverr's packaging look like?
What is each packaging option made from? Where is it produced?
- Deliverr's cardboard boxes are made from a mix of recycled paper pulp and are manufactured in the US.
- Some of Deliverr's bags & bubble mailers are manufactured in the US while others are imported from overseas. It might vary depending on the batch.
Does Deliverr use sustainable packaging?
- Deliverr's current packaging is recyclable (with simple print instructions on how to properly do so), but we have also started retrieving samples for paper-only mailers and other biodegradable/compostable packaging.