A return is the process of a customer sending a product back to the merchant from whom they purchased it. When using a fulfillment center, the return is sent back to the logistics network and processed. As an ecommerce merchant, it is important to have a clear and efficient returns process in place to ensure that customers are satisfied with their experience and that returned products are handled correctly. You're only charged for return labels that are scanned and accepted by a shipping carrier. Customers may return products for a variety of reasons:
- Receiving the wrong item.
- Receiving a damaged or defective item
- Simply changing their mind about a purchase
On this page
- Activate return processing
- Configuring returns processing
- Deactivate return processing
- Returns Pricing
|Closed Box inspection||Closed box inspection refers to the visual inspection of an item without opening the original item package.||
|Restock||Items in pristine resell-able condition will be eligible to be put back into the fulfillment center inventory and sold.||All products that are not restricted|
|Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)||A return merchandise authorization (RMA) is a numbered authorization issued by a mail-order business that allows a product to be returned.|
|Return to Merchant||Items that are returned back to your location based on inspection outcome.||Currently, Return To Merchant is only available for Used items. We will enable Return To Merchant for other conditions shortly.|
|Returns||A return is the process of a customer sending a product back to the merchant from whom they purchased it.||All products that are not restricted|
Repackaging into a poly bag if a plastic wrap from the original item is removed
Standard barcode label if needed and product is identifiable
|All products that are not restricted|
Activate return processing
In order to start using Returns, you need to activate Returns in your Seller Portal.
- In the Seller Portal, select Returns on the left sidebar
- Click "Get Started for free", there’s no payment required!
3. Select the return destination. This will be where your returns are sent to. The options are:
- Return to Deliverr - Deliverr will inspect and process your returns within 3 business day of receiving them.
- Return to your location - If you wish to only create RMA and generate return labels on Deliverr without Deliverr processing them, then select this option to get such returns delivered back to your location.
4. (Optional) If you selected Return to Deliverr, then select the product category that best suits the type of product you sell. Deliverr will use this information to determine the inspection procedure to follow.
|Apparel, Fabric Plush||Topwear, Bottomwear, Furnishing||
|Footwear||Shoes, Sandals, Flats, Heels.. etc||
5. (Optional) If you selected Return to your location, then enter the location where you want the return to be sent.
6. Click on "Complete Setup"
Reviewing returns processing
You can review what happens with the returned items after they've been inspected based on the outcome.
Deliverr inspects returned item and grades them to below condition on their arrival:
- Brand New - The returned item is in new condition with item and packaging intact
- Used - The returned items has visible signs of usage
- Damaged - The returned item is damaged beyond repair
Actions that can be taken based on the condition are called dispositions. The disposition applies to all your items that arrive in each condition.
- Restock - The items would be restocked in one of our facilities
- Destroy - The items would be destroyed
In order to see your return item handling instructions
- In the Seller Portal, click on Returns > Settings.
- In the returned item handling section, review the disposition for each condition of the item.
Deactivate return processing
To deactivate return processing from Deliverr it is very important to go into your Returns Management System and disconnect Deliverr. If Deliverr is removed from your returns application, it will not receive the information any more.
Deliverr will no longer process your returns. However, returns that were created before you deactivated the feature will continue to be processed through Deliverr.
An invoice is sent on your normal billing frequency which has entries for Returns shipping and inspection fees charged. Following are the charging criteria:
Estimated cost for shipping and inspection is provided.
|In Transit / Inspecting||
Shipping fee charged and an estimated inspection fee is provided. The shipping fee charged may differ from the estimated cost shown earlier as the final cost depends on the carrier.
|Restocking / Completed||
Shipping fee and inspection fee charged are provided. Inspection fee charged may differ from the estimated inspection fee shown earlier.