Managing a return is a critical aspect of any business that deals with the sale of products or services. The process involves handling the return of goods from customers, which can be initiated for various reasons, such as product defects, damage during shipping, or customer dissatisfaction. Proper management of returns is essential to maintain customer satisfaction, minimize financial loss, and comply with legal regulations.
In this section:
Creating a return
Returns can be created manually or through a Returns Management System (RMS). If a RMS is integrated, then returns will automatically send the information to Deliverr in order for the return to be processed. A return can also be manually created in the Seller Portal.
- In the Seller portal click Returns > All Returns.
- Click Create a Return.
- Select which order the return is associated with. Orders can be search by id, channel, status or address. The order will bring up what items and quantities are eligible for return.
- In Select Products, select the order items and quantity for an item to be returned. This section is only visible when more than one item is present
- Select where the return should be returned to. Dimensions for the package can also be edited by clicking Edit and adjusting the dimension. This can happen if the customer is returning only a portion of the original order. For example, if a merchant orders three sweatshirts in M, L, & XL and decides to return only two of the sweatshirts in L & XL because they want to keep the M.
- Based on the courier preference you will see either UPS, USPS, FedEx. Select the label which matches your need from the Select Shipping section. These are estimated prices for shipping label.
- Review the summary of the return and if it is accurate, click on the 'Create return label' button to create a shipping label.
- Download the label and send it to the buyer via email.
To track returns, simply go to the order details page for the corresponding order and click on the return item you wish to track.
- In the Seller portal, Select the order with an already initiated return
- In the order history section all returns associated with the order will appear, select the return you want to track. This will bring you to the Returns details page.
- Review the information in the Returns details page
Clicking Download return label will allow you to download the return label to share with the buyer.
Canceling a return order
Cancelling returns is a quick and easy process that can be done directly from the Seller Portal. This can be done within the returns detail page by following the steps specified below.
//Please note that returns are only charged once the return label has been scanned by the carrier. As a result, no reimbursements are needed when cancelling a return.
- In the Seller Portal select the return order you’d like to cancel.
- Click Cancel return
- Confirm the cancellation by clicking Cancel Return in the confirmation pop up screen
A pop-up will be shown on the bottom right of the screen indicating that the return was successfully canceled.